- Collection of Information
You acknowledge and agree that Compass Real Estate may collect information from you and about you when you use the Services. The information collected will be used to communicate with you and operate Compass Real Estate’ program. In some instances, Compass Real Estate may collect and use your information for other purposes detailed below.
Specifically, Compass Real Estate may collect the following information from you:
- Your Contact Information. This includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and details you provide to us about you and your business.
- Web Usage. Compass Real Estate uses Google Analytics, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you online, including Compass Real Estate’ website and various other websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our sites.
- Your Social Networks.If you use the social networking connection functions offered through Compass Real Estate, we may access all of your social network profile information that you have made available to be shared with us.
Compass Real Estate will never attempt to collect payment or payment information from you.
- Use of Information
Generally speaking, Compass Real Estate will use information collected from you to provide you with the Services and to improve the Services. You thus acknowledge and agree that Compass Real Estate may use information collected from you for the following purposes.
- Communications with You. Compass Real Estate will use your e-mail address, physical address, and phone number to communicate with you as necessary, including providing you with information you have requested or confirming that you will receive the Services. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from Compass Real Estate, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Information.
You acknowledge and agree that Compass Real Estate may share information about you in the following circumstances:
- You ask us to share the information.If you request that Compass Real Estate contacts a third party on your behalf, then you are consenting to disclosure of information and, particularly, personal contact information and any information we collect through your use of Compass Real Estate’ web site. For example, if you choose to contact a real estate agent or lender through the Services, we will send your contact information to a real estate agent or lender.
- Compass Real Estate needs to disclose the information to provide the Services.Compass Real Estate may hire or contract with a service provider or business partner to operate some part or all of Compass Real Estate’ business or provide better services to you. In order to provide the Services to you, Compass Real Estate may allow a third party to access information. Compass Real Estate will only disclose the information necessary for the service provider or business partner to perform the Services.
- Compass Real Estate affiliates with a different company or sells its business. Compass Real Estate may share information with any company or companies that affiliate with Compass Real Estate, including business partners. If Compass Real Estate is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Information may be transferred along with the business. Any company with whom Compass Real Estate affiliates or partners with has their own privacy and consumer information policies and, potentially, additional laws with which they must comply. Compass Real Estate is not responsible for ensuring compliance by other individuals, companies, or business partners.
- Compass Real Estate is required by law to disclose information.Compass Real Estate may disclose any information in response to a subpoena or court order, and whenever Compass Real Estate has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (c) support auditing and compliance functions, or (d) protect the rights, property, or safety of the public against harm.
- Complaint Procedure and Your Right to Request Removal of Information.
- Compass Real Estate’ Right to Amend Policy.
- Compass Real Estate’ Efforts to Secure Information.
Compass Real Estate uses technical and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable breaches of its data, including the unauthorized use, access, or destruction of any information subject to this policy.